hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Matteo Bertozzi <theo.berto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Backporting Regionserver Groups (HBASE-6721) to 1.x and 0.98
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2016 14:48:30 GMT
Why MOB and RegionServer Groups should be in a new major version and stuff
like the new RPC queue (HBASE-15136), date based tiered compactions
(HBASE-15181), special handling for system tables WALs (HBASE-13557), keep
table state in meta (HBASE-13017) or the Region Normalizer (HBASE-13103)
are considered for or already in 1.x?

to me, and probably most of the users, a new Major version means that APIs
will break, wire may break, there may be an upgrade of some sort and so on.
which is not true for MOB and RS groups.

In case we do a major for RS groups and Mob will that still based on the
1.x branch?