hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: MOB in branch-1? (Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Merge branch hbase-11339 HBase MOB to trunk)
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 18:55:56 GMT
(Doing another resend...)

I have objection to you, Ted Yu, doing it. MOB has spread all about master
branch. Backport should be done by someone who knows MOB.

Higher up in this thread, Sean asks: "Can we get a [DISCUSS] flagged thread
to see what, if anything, folks
would like to see gate inclusion in branch-1?"  Shouldn't we do this before
we 'create a backport...'.

For me, there should be no new flakies in branch-1. Branch-1 builds are a
hard-won stable(-ish). Looking at master build, MOB seems quiet lately but
going by HBASE-15012, our flakies umbrella issue, I see notes that
TestMobExportSnapshot has failed a few times (that is probably because the
test it derives from is flakey) and TestMobRestoreFlushSnapshotFromClient
gets a mention.

St.Ack