hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.18 release candidate (RC0) is available
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2016 07:20:36 GMT
The 1st HBase 0.98.18 release candidate (RC0) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-0.98.18RC0/ and Maven
artifacts are also available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1132/ .

The detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release with
respect to the previous is available for your review at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-0.98.18RC0/0.98.17_0.98.18RC0_compat_report.html​​
. There are no reported problems or warnings.

The 46 issues resolved in this release can be found at
https://s.apache.org/cOY3 .

I have made the following preliminary assessments of this candidate:
- Build with source artifact with RAT and enforcers enabled (-Prelease)
completes successfully
- Unit test suite passes (7u79)
- Loaded 1M rows with LTT, no errors or unexpected messages observed, all
keys verified, latencies within expected range.
- Loaded 10M rows with PE (randomWrite, 10 threads) while concurrently
reading (randomRead, 10 threads), no errors or unexpected messages
observed, reported latencies within expected range.
- Built and ran unit tests with head of Apache Phoenix 4.x-HBase-0.98
branch, all pass (7u79)
- Poked around the UI, seems ok

Signed with my code signing key 4B6D7DF3.

​Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1. This vote will be open for
at least 72 hours. Unless objection I will try to close it Friday March 25,
2016 if we have sufficient votes. Three +1 votes from PMC will be required
to release.​

--
Best regards,

   - Andy