hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Francis Liu <tof...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Backporting Regionserver Groups (HBASE-6721) to 1.x and 0.98
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 21:24:06 GMT
> performance tests focused on the impact of the feature on those who don't want it.
Andy and Ted, Given that this code does not touch the write path or the read path at all it
would seem practical to skip read/write perf tests (ie YCSB, PE, etc)?
> where the result will go into someone's production.
Are we being more stringent with 0.98 because it is expected to be more stable than a 1.x
release?

    On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 12:11 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:

 bq.  same things I asked for MOB: Functional, stability, and performance
tests focused on the impact of the feature on those who don't want it.

+1 on the above.