hbase-dev mailing list archives

From <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.18 release candidate (RC0) is available
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 19:16:25 GMT
- built from source- tested with latest Phoenix 4.x-0.98 code- locally loaded 100m rows (400m
Cells)- briefly tested for perf and correctness.- nothing undue in the logs
-- Lars

      From: Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org>
 To: "dev@hbase.apache.org" <dev@hbase.apache.org>
 Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2016 12:20 AM
 Subject: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.18 release candidate (RC0) is available
The 1st HBase 0.98.18 release candidate (RC0) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-0.98.18RC0/ and Maven
artifacts are also available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1132/ .

The detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release with
respect to the previous is available for your review at
. There are no reported problems or warnings.

The 46 issues resolved in this release can be found at
https://s.apache.org/cOY3 .

I have made the following preliminary assessments of this candidate:
- Build with source artifact with RAT and enforcers enabled (-Prelease)
completes successfully
- Unit test suite passes (7u79)
- Loaded 1M rows with LTT, no errors or unexpected messages observed, all
keys verified, latencies within expected range.
- Loaded 10M rows with PE (randomWrite, 10 threads) while concurrently
reading (randomRead, 10 threads), no errors or unexpected messages
observed, reported latencies within expected range.
- Built and ran unit tests with head of Apache Phoenix 4.x-HBase-0.98
branch, all pass (7u79)
- Poked around the UI, seems ok

Signed with my code signing key 4B6D7DF3.

​Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1. This vote will be open for
at least 72 hours. Unless objection I will try to close it Friday March 25,
2016 if we have sufficient votes. Three +1 votes from PMC will be required
to release.​

Best regards,

  - Andy

(via Tom White)