hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Francis Liu <tof...@ymail.com.INVALID>
Subject [DISCUSS] Backporting Regionserver Groups (HBASE-6721) to 1.x and 0.98
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 17:15:24 GMT
Hi,
HBASE-6721 is now committed to trunk. It'd be great if it can be backported to 1.x and 0.98
so that we can use it internally as well as push up features and fixes. We have been running
an internal version for around 4 years. There's seems to be interest (HW, Bloomberg, Salesforce,
etc). Also given how modular the code is. There's barely any effect in existing code paths.
Seeding the criteria with Andy's suggestions in jira:
1. Stability - Unit tests and ?2. functional3. Performance - Read/write path was not affected.
Some small changes related to assignment.
Thanks,
Francis