hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Devaraj Das <d...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: MOB in branch-1? (Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Merge branch hbase-11339 HBase MOB to trunk)
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 19:26:17 GMT
Stack, as things stand, Ted Yu has a patch that is a backport of MOB. He told me offline he
has taken a look at the jiras that went in in the master that is to do with MOB, and got them
in the backport. Now, to your point, I agree that someone familiar with MOB code should do
the backport but the question is, is that dev available to do it now? The next best thing
is to get Ted Yu's patch reviewed by someone familiar with the feature. I really hope that
we can get cycles from the original MOB devs on this.

Agree that we shouldn't be adding flaky tests. The question is if the failures on master to
do with MOB are really MOB related or something else (for argument's sake, let's say, procv2)..

On the point about the DISCUSS thread, yeah, it's fine to do it if folks feel it's the right
way to go.
From: saint.ack@gmail.com <saint.ack@gmail.com> on behalf of Stack <stack@duboce.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2016 10:55 AM
To: HBase Dev List
Subject: Re: MOB in branch-1? (Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Merge branch hbase-11339 HBase MOB to trunk)

(Doing another resend...)

I have objection to you, Ted Yu, doing it. MOB has spread all about master
branch. Backport should be done by someone who knows MOB.

Higher up in this thread, Sean asks: "Can we get a [DISCUSS] flagged thread
to see what, if anything, folks
would like to see gate inclusion in branch-1?"  Shouldn't we do this before
we 'create a backport...'.

For me, there should be no new flakies in branch-1. Branch-1 builds are a
hard-won stable(-ish). Looking at master build, MOB seems quiet lately but
going by HBASE-15012, our flakies umbrella issue, I see notes that
TestMobExportSnapshot has failed a few times (that is probably because the
test it derives from is flakey) and TestMobRestoreFlushSnapshotFromClient
gets a mention.

St.Ack