hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Backporting to active branches
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 05:45:20 GMT
I appreciate Elliot's voice for conservatism on released branches. However
I don't think we're getting minor releases out the door fast enough,
especially when we have nice "improvements" that apply cleanly. Users
deserve to get as many of the improvements as are compatible for patch
releases, according to our guidelines.