hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Elliott Clark <ecl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Backporting to active branches
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 18:33:54 GMT
I disagree. We should encourage people to keep up with releases otherwise
things will become un-tenable.
I would vote that we should push back critical and blocker bug fixes to 1.1
but small fixes should go in the active 1.X branch. The number of patches
that we backport makes the "stable" branches less stable.