hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Elliott Clark <ecl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Backporting to active branches
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 18:24:21 GMT
On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Andrew Purtell <andrew.purtell@gmail.com>

> I think Elliott's point of view is spot on for patch releases and
> furthermore our semver-like policy as documented expresses that
> conservatism when discussing point releases.

Yeah my concern was really only for patch versions. We should be super
conservative on those.

I think our policy for what to include in minor versions is just fine.
However I think that everyone agrees that we haven't been releasing minor
versions fast enough. So if we release more minor versions then each one
would be less risky.