hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Elliott Clark <ecl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Backporting to active branches
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 22:55:53 GMT
That one's on the edge for me. It's trying to work around a bug somewhere
that has caused data loss in prod. So I would lean towards it being a bug
fix.

However pulling from my last few filed jiras I would say these are all
improvements:
HBASE-15166
HBASE-15146
HBASE-15137
HBASE-15083

Some of them fixed things that we hit in production but they didn't change
correctness or cause the system to be un-usable in the normal case. So I
would classify them as improvements. For me I would want to backport only
for patch releases fixes that fixed severe issues, things that changed
correctness or caused a system to be un-usable.