hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Mikhail Antonov <olorinb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Branch for 1.3
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2016 23:21:05 GMT
Thanks Enis.

If there're no objections, I'll open umbrella jira for release then.

I went back and glanced at the discussions on mobs.  Looks like last
time(s) there were these sorts of comments:

 - "How stable is it on master, is it stable enough to backport to
branch-1".
    There was a comment that there was some sizable cleanup going on in
master, or some commented out/disabled tests? Are there any changes here?
What others think - how stable is it now in master?
 - "Shouldn't we rather try to get 2.0 release out and have mobs there". -
So how far do we feel 2.0 release is?
 -  A question to dev@ and user@ groups - "are there actually folks already
using it in trunk?" - that question got no replies as far as I can see.
Anyone can comment here?

Should we revive [DISCUSS] thread on mobs? I think last time the ball was
dropped when Andrew asked around who already uses mobs in trunk, if I've
not missed something?

I think as was noted before, backporting of spark connector should be less
risky as it's less intrusive. So I guess we're waiting on the progress
on HBASE-14160 here?

-Mikhail

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 2:34 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have linked HBASE-14801 to HBASE-14160
>
> Thanks for the reminder.
>
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Sean Busbey <busbey@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> > The jira tracking blockers for hbase-spark making it into branch-1
> > is HBASE-14160. If HBASE-14801 is required, please make sure it is
> listed.
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 3:32 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > There is also hbase-spark module worth considering for backport.
> > >
> > > Current active JIRA is HBASE-14801
> > >
> > > FYI

> > There
> > there.