hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Mikhail Antonov <anto...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Branch for 1.3
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2016 20:54:46 GMT
To me it's not really about individual big features (besides, big features
might be hard to accommodate in a minor release), but enough good things to
justify minor release.

What we can have (unless I'm missing something):

[Already done or to be further improved]
 - HBASE-15177 - more GC-friendly allocations in RPC services
 - HBASE-14457 - multi WAL improvements
 - HBASE-15222 - optimizations in metrics system, some more metrics
(like HBASE-15135, HBASE-15068)
 - HBASE-15306, HBASE-15136 - improving call queues handling

[To be reviewed?):
 - HBASE-15181 - date based tiered compactions (?)
 - HBASE-11290 - unlock RegionStates. There was a patch update relatively
recently to it based on comments.

[Possible?]
 - HBASE-13557 - special handling for system tables WALs
 - HBASE-13017 - keep table state in meta

1.2 was cut off mid-June 2015.. Should be enough time since then for a
minor release.

Mikhail