hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: ruby checkstyle seems some unreasonable
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 00:21:15 GMT
I agree we should provide rubocop with a project specific configuration
file.

On your specific grievances:

1) sure, the method was already in dire straights. I think this is a case
for committer judgement rather than a rule change. A reasonable outcome
could be giving a patch that raises such a concern a pass, but making sure
we have a follow on issue to fix things.

2) the Ruby line length should match the rest of the project. I think
that's 100?

3) the existing uses of double quotes should be corrected in time and we
should avoid new uses.

Much of our Ruby code was written by folks who don't do much Ruby coding.
It would benefit us as a project to move towards making our Ruby code look
more like the wider Ruby use.

--
Sean Busbey