hbase-dev mailing list archives

From rahul gidwani <rahul.gidw...@gmail.com>
Subject Modify ColumnFamily Procedure
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 18:48:41 GMT
Now  we can do dynamic updates to column family configurations (which is
awesome!).

 If I want to make configuration changes to multiple column families for a
table, I have to run multiple procedures.  The problem with this is on a
large cluster you have to reopen all the regions multiple times, which is
very costly and time consuming.  Is there a reason this cannot be batched
with something where we make the updates to all the column families for a
table then in the postModify step we reopen all the regions for that table
just once?  Or am I missing something?

Thanks
rahul