hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Branch for 1.3
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2016 03:57:16 GMT
No, each 0.94.x/0.96.x/98.x was or is a minor release. :-) Sometimes the changes in those releases
could all be considered "point" in scope or effect but not always. Further supporting this
point of view, when we went from 0.94 to 0.96 it was a major increment, in effect, due to
'the singularity'.

Doing a new minor every month would be more like a return to past state of affairs, for better
or worse, in my humble opinion.