hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Second release candidate for HBase 1.1.3 (RC1) is available
Date Sun, 17 Jan 2016 04:06:49 GMT
After a short hiatus, I'm happy to announce the second release candidate of
HBase 1.1.3 (HBase-1.1.3RC1) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.1.3RC1/

Maven artifacts are also available in the staging repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1125/

Artifacts are signed with my code signing subkey 0xAD9039071C3489BD,
available in the Apache keys directory
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ndimiduk.asc

The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 1.1.0 has been
published for your review, at
http://home.apache.org/~ndimiduk/1.1.0_1.1.3RC1_compat_report.html

HBase 1.1.3 is the third patch release in the HBase 1.1 line, continuing on
the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the Hadoop and NoSQL
communities. This release includes over 160 bug fixes since the 1.1.2
release. Notable correctness fixes beyond RC0 include HBASE-14782,
HBASE-14840, HBASE-14989, HBASE-14822, HBASE-15035, HBASE-15031, and
HBASE-15085.

Also be aware that this release includes HBASE-14799, which closes a remote
command execution vulnerability.

The full list of fixes included in this release is available at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12333152
and in the CHANGES.txt file included in the distribution.

Please try out this candidate and vote +/-1 by 23:59 Pacific time on
Friday, 2016-01-22 as to whether we should release these artifacts as HBase
1.1.3.

Thanks,
Nick