hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.1.3RC1 next week
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2016 06:49:48 GMT
For the curious, I've run the compatibility script on branch-1.1, against
both 1.1.0 [0] and 1.1.3RC0 [1] tags. Since the resolution on HBASE-14944
was that the incompatible changes [2] were acceptable given their security
nature and limited scope, I've focused my attention on the changes that
have happened since 1.1.3RC0.

The changes introduced for controlling additional operations with ProcV2
are showing up in the latest reports. However, these too look limited in
scope to LimitedPrivate and/or Evolving classes, so they are acceptable by
my understanding of our compatibility guidelines.

I'd appreciate another pair of eyes on these reports to make sure I didn't
miss anything. I'd hate to sink another RC due to things we should be aware
of well in advance.

[0]: http://home.apache.org/~ndimiduk/1.1.0_branch-1.1_compat_report.html
[1]: http://home.apache.org/~ndimiduk/1.1.3RC0_branch-1.1_compat_report.html
[2]: http://home.apache.org/~ndimiduk/1.1.0_1.1.3RC0_compat_report.html