hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Normalizer in 1.2+?
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2016 11:13:18 GMT
There is RegionNormalizerTracker which tracks region normalizer state up in
ZK.

When user toggles normalizer switch through shell, the following method
in MasterRpcServices is called:

  public boolean normalizerSwitch(boolean on) {

    boolean oldValue = master.getRegionNormalizerTracker().isNormalizerOn();

        master.getRegionNormalizerTracker().setNormalizerOn(newValue);

In RegionNormalizerTracker :

  public boolean isNormalizerOn() {

    byte [] upData = super.getData(false);

    try {

      // if data in ZK is null, use default of on.

      return upData == null || parseFrom(upData).getNormalizerOn();

So I guess the config parameter hbase.normalizer.enabled can be dropped.

Cheers