hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Testing and CI -- Apache Jenkins Builds (WAS -> Re: Testing)
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 03:02:00 GMT
On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 11:48 AM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 5:46 AM, Sean Busbey <busbey@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > We could start forcing a clean repository on every build (though this
> > seems heavy handed).
> >
> > IIRC, we ran into this ages ago and it was one particular dependency.
> > Presuming we can track down what that was, we could add some pre-build
> > work that verifies a known good copy of that dependency is present.
> >
> > For now, I've blacklisted the H2 build host again, since that's the
> > only host this has been happening on. We added it back last week so
> > that Jon could test a fix from infra.
> >

> Thanks Sean.
>
> Yeah, clean repo each time would be OTT.
>
> If you have pointers on how to find the bad dependency, I'll dig.
>
> Of course, all builds fine locally.
>
> St.Ack

Relevant bits from our old precommit build (lucky we kept it! ;) )

----
# holding place for local repo
if [ -d "${WORKSPACE}/maven_repo" ]; then
  echo "removing hbase artifacts from prior runs."
  rm -rf "${WORKSPACE}/maven_repo/org/apache/hbase"
  echo "removing javax.inject in case we got a bad dependency"
  rm -rf "${WORKSPACE}/maven_repo/javax/inject"
# uncomment to list entire contents of repo
#  find "${WORKSPACE}/maven_repo"
else
  mkdir "${WORKSPACE}/maven_repo"
fi

if [ "$?" -ne "0" ]; then
  echo "test patch failed, checking javax.inject dependency"
  find "${WORKSPACE}/maven_repo/javax/inject"
  cat
"${WORKSPACE}/maven_repo/javax/inject/javax.inject/1/javax.inject-1.pom"
  exit 1
fi
---

So it looks like javax:inject was the culprit before. A first step would be
to remove it from our local repos before running; that'll require looking
up how Yetus names the branch-specific maven repos. A better step would be
to manually install it from a known good location so we can avoid whatever
nonsense is happening on H2.