hbase-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Testing and CI -- Apache Jenkins Builds (WAS -> Re: Testing)
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 21:08:02 GMT
we should probably ensure the earlier branch builds also exclude H2.

I'll leave myself a note to look at it this evening. If anyone gets to it
before then, please update here.

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:

> Related to the below, I just changed the trunk matrix build job to exclude
> H2 from the build roster (with Sean's help); it seems to be responsible for
> this failure type -- *Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException:
> Index: 0, Size: 0* -- in particular. Here is recent example:
>
> https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/HBase/job/HBase-Trunk_matrix/652/jdk=latest1.7,label=Hadoop/console
>
> Lets see if it helps.
>
> While I have your attention, see the nice checkstyle and findbug graph
> trajectories here:
> https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/HBase/job/HBase-Trunk_matrix/
>
> St.Ack
>
>
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 7:02 PM, Sean Busbey <busbey@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 11:48 AM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
> >
> > > On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 5:46 AM, Sean Busbey <busbey@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > > We could start forcing a clean repository on every build (though this
> > > > seems heavy handed).
> > > >
> > > > IIRC, we ran into this ages ago and it was one particular dependency.
> > > > Presuming we can track down what that was, we could add some
> pre-build
> > > > work that verifies a known good copy of that dependency is present.
> > > >
> > > > For now, I've blacklisted the H2 build host again, since that's the
> > > > only host this has been happening on. We added it back last week so
> > > > that Jon could test a fix from infra.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > Thanks Sean.
> > >
> > > Yeah, clean repo each time would be OTT.
> > >
> > > If you have pointers on how to find the bad dependency, I'll dig.
> > >
> > > Of course, all builds fine locally.
> > >
> > > St.Ack
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > Relevant bits from our old precommit build (lucky we kept it! ;) )
> >
> >
> > ----
> > ...
> > # holding place for local repo
> > if [ -d "${WORKSPACE}/maven_repo" ]; then
> >   echo "removing hbase artifacts from prior runs."
> >   rm -rf "${WORKSPACE}/maven_repo/org/apache/hbase"
> >   echo "removing javax.inject in case we got a bad dependency"
> >   rm -rf "${WORKSPACE}/maven_repo/javax/inject"
> > # uncomment to list entire contents of repo
> > #  find "${WORKSPACE}/maven_repo"
> > else
> >   mkdir "${WORKSPACE}/maven_repo"
> > fi
> >
> > ...
> >
> > if [ "$?" -ne "0" ]; then
> >   echo "test patch failed, checking javax.inject dependency"
> >   find "${WORKSPACE}/maven_repo/javax/inject"
> >   cat
> > "${WORKSPACE}/maven_repo/javax/inject/javax.inject/1/javax.inject-1.pom"
> >   exit 1
> > fi
> > ---
> >
> > So it looks like javax:inject was the culprit before. A first step would
> be
> > to remove it from our local repos before running; that'll require looking
> > up how Yetus names the branch-specific maven repos. A better step would
> be
> > to manually install it from a known good location so we can avoid
> whatever
> > nonsense is happening on H2.
> >
>



-- 
Sean

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message