hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hsieh <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HBase custom RowFilter proposition
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 01:48:11 GMT
You've come to the right place -- this dev@hbase.apache.org is the ideal
place for starting a discussion about if something makes sense add to core

If you already have code, and it would be generally useful code (we're a
friendly crowd), another avenue to consider is to file a ticket on the jira
system [1] with a descriptive title of what you'd like to add and the
description including the and motivation functionality, and possible
examples of where it could be used.

Folks interested can chime in here or there, and it could get resolved with
a patch eventually getting committed or some other resolution if it doesn't
seem appropriate.

[1]  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 1:56 PM, Nicolas Fabre <nico.fabre@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
> I developed a custom HBase RowFilter for my own use-cases. It may be
> presomptuous, but I feel it could be useful to propose this implemention to
> the community (at least that someone from HBase guys have a look and
> assess).
> What is the good way (channel) of proposing that to the HBase community ?
> Should I create a JIRA issue including a small piece of code demonstrating
> the stuff ? Should I send an email to this mailing list explaining the
> details with a piece of code in atttachment ? ...
> Thanks
> Regards

// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// jon@cloudera.com // @jmhsieh