hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.0.3 RC1 next Tuesday - Should we EOL 1.0?
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2016 22:41:06 GMT
+1

Procedurally we can just have branch RMs move on. There would be no more planned releases
but someone could come along to restart them, as you mention. The maintenance of the branch
will fall into an uncertain state. If instead we declare we will not be supporting version
X going forward users on X will be much more clear about its status going forward.