hbase-dev mailing list archives

From <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.17 release candidate (RC0) is available
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 05:51:15 GMT
 - build from source- loaded 100m rows- executed some custom scan, load, and perf tests- nothing
undue in the logs

-- Lars

      From: Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org>
 To: "dev@hbase.apache.org" <dev@hbase.apache.org>
 Sent: Friday, January 15, 2016 11:24 PM
 Subject: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.17 release candidate (RC0) is available
The 1st HBase 0.98.17 release candidate (RC0) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-0.98.17RC0 and Maven
artifacts are also available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1123/ .

The detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release with
respect to the previous is available for your review at ​
. There is one change of note to the RpcServer
LimitedPrivate(COPROC,PHOENIX)/Evolving interface that I believe is
acceptable and have confirmed does not impact downstream coprocessors who
implement RPC schedulers like Apache Phoenix.

The 55 issues resolved in this release can be found at
http://s.apache.org/F4Q .

I have made the following preliminary assessments of this candidate:
- Build with source artifact with RAT and enforcers enabled (-Prelease)
completes successfully
- Unit test suite passes (7u79)
- Loaded 1M rows with LTT, no errors or unexpected messages observed, all
keys verified, latencies within expected range
- Build and unit tests with head of Apache Phoenix 4.x-HBase-0.98 branch
passes (7u79)

Signed with my new signing key 4B6D7DF3.

​Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1. This vote will be open for
at least 72 hours. Unless objection I will try to close it Friday January
22, 2016 if we have sufficient votes. Three +1 votes from PMC will be
required to release.​

Best regards,

  - Andy

(via Tom White)