hbase-dev mailing list archives

From 鈴木俊裕 <brfrn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance degradation between CDH5.3.1(HBase0.98.6) and CDH5.4.5(HBase1.0.0)
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2015 10:31:20 GMT
St.Ack

I am sorry for the late reply.

This is the test code:
https://github.com/brfrn169/hbase-test

We applied the patch you can find below to HBase-1.0.0 to resolve the
performance degradation:
https://gist.github.com/brfrn169/15a874594be2fb9d6ea0

It showed a good performance.

I think the direct cause of the performance degradation is not a region
level lock because HBase-0.98.6 also has a region level lock.
I think lock contention is caused by HBASE-8763.

The patch mitigates that lock contention.

Thanks,
Toshihiro Suzuki