hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Mikhail Antonov <olorinb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DISCUSS: Meaning of "not tested" and "not supported"
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2015 20:06:00 GMT
I think not supported doesn't necessarily mean we don't intend HBase to be
used this way, could also mean we just haven't implemented certain feature
yet. Like, streaming RPC isn't supported, but may very well be the way to
go in future.

I'd rather say something like -

"Not supported" == "we know for fact it doesn't work / it's not
implemented, it might be there in future releases, reach out and speak up
if you think that's important / file jira with feature request."

"Not tested" == "yeah, I think it's how I'd say it too. We haven't verified
that it works, but don't know any specific reason why it won't work.
Definitely file a bug if it doesn't work, so we know."

Thoughts?

--
Thanks,
Michael Antonov