hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Apekshit Sharma <a...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Consesus on removing a public method from IA.Private class whose instance is returned from IA.public class.
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 23:49:41 GMT
I think it should be okay to remove them. When I imagine myself on other
side, a dev using client api of Foo project, and I see a class returning
reference to an internal class, I would not trust that function. If I
really need something from returned ref, I'd probably use it, and if it
goes away tomorrow, i'd probably curse it too, but I can't complain since
it's not anything I trusted to being with.

Now thinking as dev:
Given that documentation explicitly states that functions can disappear
from private class, and nothing about transitiveness, I believe we can
remove functions from private class A.

--

Regards

Apekshit Sharma | Software Engineer, Cloudera | Palo Alto, California |
650-963-6311