hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any plan to upgrade log4j to 2.x
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 16:40:52 GMT
That is something we discussed a while back. There was probably a JIRA for
it too. I think simply no one was willing to take on the massive
search/replace required. IIRC, Mr Purtell experimented with this and found
migration of configuration files to not work as expected.

It would be good to bite the bullet on this for 2.0. We should decide what
API we want to assume for the migration -- consume Log4J directly, or go
through an abstracted API like SLF4J. That's something I planned to look at
after I finish my patch for bumping our version of
Yammer/Codahale/Dropwizard metrics. But please, feel free!