hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.1.3 (RC0) is available
Date Sun, 15 Nov 2015 23:07:52 GMT
For my part, my vote is +0, pending review of compatibility report. My vote
is +1 assuming we can get a clean report.

- download tarballs, verified signatures vs below ndimiduk.asc and KEYS
file in dist repo
- verified none of rej, orig, java, or scala files in the bin tgz
- verified none of rej, orig, class, jar files in the src tgz
- inspected site and docs in bin tgz, looks good
- build from source vs all combinations of openjdk-1.7.0_79,
openjdk-1.8.0_45, and hadoop versions 2.2.0, 2.3.0, 2.4.0, 2.4.1, 2.5.0,
2.5.1, 2.5.2, 2.6.0, 2.6.1, 2.6.2, 2.7.0, 2.7.1
- ran in local mode with LoadTestTool, FAST_DIFF, 1mm rows; passed. I
noticed client connection log entries in the master .out file. I've never
noticed this; it was unexpected but not harmful.
- inspected linked compatibility report. I'm not convinced it is working
properly as even the acknowledged changes we observed in 1.1.2 [0] are not
reported. Thoughts Sean?
- ran stack's hbase-downstreamer [0] project `mvn clean package` vs staging
maven repo. Tests pass.
- ran Dmitry's shaded-client downstreamer project [1] vs staging maven repo
and bin tarball, versions adjusted for the release candidate. Test app runs
successfully.

Thanks,
Nick

[0]: https://github.com/saintstack/hbase-downstreamer
[1]: https://github.com/dminkovsky/HBASE-13889

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 10:58 PM, Nick Dimiduk <ndimiduk@apache.org> wrote:

> Thank you Josh for taking time to evaluate this release candidate. A
> reminder to others that the voting period is scheduled to expire in roughly
> 24 hours. I myself have not had time this week to evaluate this candidate
> properly, so I would like to extend the voting period through the weekend.
> If there are no objections I will tally the vote at 23:59 on Sunday,
> November 15, Pacific time.
>
> Thanks,
> Nick
>

> On Tuesday, November 10, 2015, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> +1 (non-binding)
>>
>> * Built from source
>> * Ran tests (-PrunDevTests). o.a.h.h.r.TestRegionServerHostname was
>> problematic, might have just been me.
>> * Checked sigs/xsums
>> * Checked the compat report (thanks for posting it, Nick)
>> * Skimmed release notes looking for anything that might introduce new
>> deps for licensing concerns (found none)
>>
>> Nick Dimiduk wrote:
>>
>>> I'm happy to announce the first release candidate of HBase 1.1.3
>>> (HBase-1.1.
>>> 3RC0) is available for download at