hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Zhe Zhang <zhezh...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Potential Gerrit support in review/commit flow
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2015 23:05:37 GMT
Thanks for the feedback Sean. Please see my comments inline:

I'd want a subset of the community to be able to try out gerrit before
> we adopted it project wide.

That's definitely possible. If a contributor opts out from Gerrit he/she
should directly attach patch on JIRA.

> During that time, I would prefer it if all the committers didn't need
> to install the git hook while we're evaluating. Is it possible to
> configure gerrit to ignore direct commits to our repo without the
> plugin?

I haven't tried it but it should be possible. When a new Gerrit repo is
setup we can configure the commit permission from scratch (not necessarily
the same as the master repo).
If the concern is to avoid asking committers to change their git setup:
it's actually OK if they don't have the git hook. In that case they just
need to manually close the Gerrit review request.