hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Planning to imminently run 1.0.3 and 1.1.3 release candidates along with 0.98.16
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 17:15:43 GMT
Discussion on HBASE-14712 talks about 1.2. Has this been observed with 1.1?
Should this hold up a minor 1.1 release? If present in 1.1 this bug is
already shipping in three (?) prior releases. Assuming we can keep up a
regular release cadence, if there's a fix for this problem applicable to
1.1 we can get it out in the next timely minor release.

Also, I don't mean to step on any toes. I don't think I have, but please
accept my apologies if so. (smile) I'm just volunteering to drive release
candidates so, hopefully if the PMC accepts them, the many queued up bug
fixes get out into the hands of users and overall we reduce the size of the
deltas between minor releases. I'd like to see monthly releases of all
active code lines - 0.98, 1.0, 1.1. Happy to help with making that possible
when others are busy with work or life. Likewise, if I get busy and can't
get out a 0.98 release on the monthly mark, I would not mind at all someone
stepping up to do it.

I also had someone volunteer off list to help me with spinning the bits, so
thank you. You know who you are. (smile)

I guess at this point we should settle on who is doing the release
candidates for November. Then we can do it again for December, January,
etc. Would a google doc spreadsheet help? Or I can just start a discussion
thread at the start of every month. Let me know.

For November,

0.98.16 - Andrew
1.0.3 - Andrew (thanks, Enis)
1.1.3 - ?