hbase-dev mailing list archives

From 王勇强 <wangyongqiang0...@163.com>
Subject improvements on snapshot
Date Sat, 07 Nov 2015 06:12:08 GMT
the version is hbase0.98.10, find some improvements on snapshot:
1. in class SnapshotManager, line 725, we make a clone of HTableDescriptor,  the clone is
not so need to make
2 class HBaseAdmin, method
    public void restoreSnapshot(final String snapshotName, boolean takeFailSafeSnapshot)
{
    TableName tableName = null;
    for (SnapshotDescription snapshotInfo: listSnapshots()) {
      if (snapshotInfo.getName().equals(snapshotName)) {
        tableName = TableName.valueOf(snapshotInfo.getTable());
        break;
      }
    }
}
  must get all snapshot from master and then get the one we need, can improve this, master
just return the snapshot client needed

3. there should better has a method 'isSnapShotExists' in HBaseAdmin