hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] reducing our load on builds.a.o
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2015 03:47:58 GMT
Heya Folks,

Right now our post-commit unit tests for our various branches take 1-2
hours to run per config (that's 6x0.94, 4x0.98, 1.0, 1.1, 2x1.2,
2x1.3, master)

https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/HBase/

These only run when a change happens in the given branch, and
currently only get checked once an hour for changes. It looks like for
1+ we're averaging something like every 4 hours.

If folks don't mind, I'd like to tune these down to look for changes
less frequently. I'm thinking once a day for pre-1.0, every 8 hours
for released versions in the 1.x major line, and every 4 for
unreleased 1.x and 2.x versions.

Thoughts? Anyone think we could tune down even more?

--
Sean