hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Testing and CI -- Apache Jenkins Builds
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2015 06:42:34 GMT
On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 8:01 AM, Sean Busbey <busbey@cloudera.com> wrote:

> FYI, I've changed the precommit test to run using the test-patch.sh file
> from a branch for HBASE-14337 so I can make changes needed to allow the
> workspace to have a maven repo just for our builds (rather than the shared
> one with the jenkins user).
>
> submitted patches are still applied and run against their branch (default
> master).
>
> Once I have a coherent patch I'll post it to HBASE-14337 and we can stop
> using the branch.

I just ran into this. It took a bit to figure it ("Why are my changes to
test-patch.sh not having an effect..." -- smile).

So, I think its probably a good idea to run test-patch.sh from a branch.
The alternative is checking in latest test-patch.sh changes to all branches
(test-patch.sh and pieces of this script are scattered enough already with
the zombie finding portion pasted as after-build script to run on build
completion on a bunch of our branches -- need to fix).

I added a branch to our repo called jenkins.build. It should be clearer
that this is where we do jenkins.build from (a bit clearer than HBASE-14337
-- smile). I then changed the patch build to use this branch doing jenkins
build (added comments in the script up in jenkins so hopefully it is a bit
plain what is going on).

Good on you Sean,
St.Ack

> On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 2:17 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
>
> > A deadlock was causing TestDistributedLogSplitting to hang. Elliott fixed
> > it over in HBASE-14274. This was the source of the zombie processes
> > reported by INFRA (at least, it matched the one instance they reported).
> >
> > Patch builds were disabled overnight (for a different reason) but are
> back
> > again.
> >
> > St.Ack

> > > This became https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-10150 which
> > > becomes BUILDS-111.
> > >
> > > Errant left-over java processes sucking up resources. Trunk is
> > > particularly susceptible because we spin up way more threads than in
> > other
> > > branches (async rpc client). See HBASE-14262 for follow-up.
> > >
> > > St.Ack

Aug