hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "wangyongqiang0617@163.com" <wangyongqiang0...@163.com>
Subject canceled recursive compaction may lead to super-large region
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 08:12:26 GMT
in hbase 0.98.10, class CompactSplitThread, line 485
after a successful compaction, we can do a recursive comaction or a split  according to the
store's priority
but, if we chose to do a  recursive comaction because of a negative priority, but when do
the compaction work, we can not find a selection, so compaction is canceled
but the region is more larger than before.

after several rounds of this process, the region is much larger(10 times) than the region
size we expected, leading to bad effect to bulkload and query.

wangyongqiang0617@163.com