hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "wangyongqiang0617@163.com" <wangyongqiang0...@163.com>
Subject suggestions to compaction
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 06:42:14 GMT
1. we have no way to trace a complete compaction procedure, since there are no unique info
bind with every compaction
 we can generate id for every compaction, and print it in rs logs

2. in hbase0.98.10, class CompactSplitThread, line 300,
    private synchronized CompactionRequest requestCompactionInternal(final HRegion r, final
Store s,
      final String why, int priority, CompactionRequest request, boolean selectNow)

     there are no comment for "selectNow",  and the parameter name is hard to understand,
i am wondering when is "now"
     had better give some explaination to this parameter and change a more intuitive  name

wangyongqiang0617@163.com