hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Matteo Bertozzi <mberto...@apache.org>
Subject Planning for HBase 2.0
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2015 03:42:39 GMT
Hey folks,

my list for 2.0 looks quite full, but I'm probably missing something.

main point is probably that we want to be rolling upgradable.
a direct rolling upgrade may be not easy, so the option is to do it in two
phases.
more or less: "after all the machines are on the new version trigger an
update" (the new AM can help with it)

 * HBASE-14350 New Assignment Manager (based on proc-v2)
 * Table Descriptor is not compatible with branch-1 due to HBASE-7767
 ** this may be reverted/removed/fixed with the new AM
 * HBASE-11425 Off heaping read path. write path?
 * HBASE-14090 redofs, fix 1M region. file moving around and so on
 * HBASE-14123 HBase Backups
 * Replication
 ** move znodes to replication table
 ** speedup replication by streaming data
 ** ability to run an endpoint as "user" and receive only "user" events?
 * HBASE-13936 Dynamic configuration
 * HBASE-14070 HLC, was mentioned for branch-1. but maybe we can try to get
seqid merged?

Other stuff like the C++ client from facebook, or improvement to the
Lawlor’s scanner work, spark integration, missing proc-v2 conversion and
more can probably make it in a branch-1.

cutting a branch-2 will probably happen when we have the new AM, but we
will see how things evolve.

Anything else folks want to see called out?