hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Malaska <ted.mala...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HBase and Accumulo
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2015 17:02:31 GMT
In the end my company supports both Accumulo and HBase so it doesn't matter
to me, but these are things I would consider

- I would think security should no longer be a factor.
- Also be very careful when looking at benchmarks for I have found that
some are bais ether way.  If you want to do a real compare on performance I
would get an export in both system and give them the same use case, same
hard ware, and let them prove it out.
- In my travels I have seen many HBase applications for the Banking,
Gaming, Health, and many more industries.  Other then the Gov, I only know
of like 2 companies that use Accumulo for Isolated use cases.
- In terms of active community Accumulo had 18 commits in the last month
well HBase had about 130
- HBase will have full Spark, SparkStreaming, and Spark SQL integration in
core very soon
- Also Accumulo remember, it isn't just HBase vs Accumulo.  Some times Accumulo
is used in cases where HDFS and SolR would had been a better fit.  So make
sure you have an export review the use case and determine if you do really
need a NoSql solution.

Ted Malaska