hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Second release candidate for HBase 1.1.2 (RC1) is available
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 18:14:16 GMT
On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 7:43 PM, Enis Söztutar <enis.soz@gmail.com> wrote:

> The hadoop version reported is different than the "released" artifacts and
> shows you as the compiler. Although the git commit matches, the checksum
> does not. Is this an artifact our of build process (like opening the jars
> and re-packaging them?) How do we know that we do not alter the hadoop libs.

The checksums for the jar files in the lib dir for the binary
> artifacts also do not match.

Oh, that's bad. I built from a "clean room" hbase sandbox, but not the
local maven repository.

-1 for this RC. There's probably some way I can force maven to use upstream
artifacts in the build, will add that to my scripts. I'll produce RC2 from
he same RC1 tag.