hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.1.2 (RC0) is available
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2015 23:41:57 GMT
On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 4:35 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:

> Quick question here. Are we supposed to be able to start the standalone
> mode just by doing the extract, export JAVA_HOME and start-hbase.sh? It
> doesn't work anymore for me.
>
> So just running start-hbase.sh doesn't allow me to run HBase anymore. Is
> that expected?

Should work, yes. You may also need to set HBASE_HOM and/or HBASE_CONF_DIR
if you've set them for other installations.

I verified this with both bin and a build from src tgz before posting. What
are you seeing JM? Any helpful logs? I tend to give my stand-alone
instances their own working directory, via the logic outlined in this post
[0]. From my history, looks like i unpack to /tmp/hbase-1.1.2 and edit
config such that hbase.tmp.dir=/tmp/hbase-1.1.2/data.

-n

[0]: http://www.n10k.com/blog/hbase-root-dir/