hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Third release candidate for HBase 1.1.2 (RC2) is available
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2015 22:00:20 GMT

- verify signatures vs KEYS file in dist repo
- verify src tarball has no 'target' paths, jar, or class files
- verified none of rej, orig, java, or scala files in the bin tgz
- verified none of rej, orig, class, jar files, or target paths in the src
- inspected site and docs in bin tgz, looks good
- build from source vs all combinations of Oracle jdk1.7.0_67, jdk1.8.0_20,
and hadoop versions 2.3.0 2.4.0 2.4.1 2.5.0 2.5.1 2.5.2 2.6.0 2.7.1
- ran in local mode with LoadTestTool, FAST_DIFF, 1mm rows (about an hour).
- inspected linked compatibility report. Nothing changed since 1.1.1RC0
- ran stack's hbase-downstreamer [0] project `mvn clean package` vs staging
maven repo. Tests pass.
- ran Dmitry's shaded-client downstreamer project [1] vs staging maven repo
and bin tarball, following instructions similar to those found in my JIRA
comment [2], versions adjusted for the release candidate. Test app runs

[0]: https://github.com/saintstack/hbase-downstreamer
[1]: https://github.com/dminkovsky/HBASE-13889