hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: In Windows, cannot capture HBase prompt('hbase(main):001:0>') from neither standard output nor standard error using process API
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 22:27:57 GMT
Okay, thanks for clarifying.

I would speculate that it has to do with how console output is handled by
the process. I personally don't know these details well. In HBase we use
jruby (a modified irb.rb as I understand it) as the foundation for our
shell tool. Perhaps there's some flag you can pass to irb to better support
your use-case? If you find something we need to change on our side, do let
us know here and/or file a JIRA. I think our version of irb is forked from
a pretty old version, so there may be upstream improvements we can
incorporate.

-n