hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.1.2 (RC0) is available
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2015 17:27:03 GMT
+1

- download tarballs, verified signatures vs below ndimiduk.asc and KEYS
file in dist repo
- verified none of rej, orig, java, or scala files in the bin tgz
- verified none of rej, orig, class, jar files in the src tgz
- inspected site and docs in bin tgz, looks good
- build from source vs all combinations of
openjdk-1.7.0.85, openjdk-1.8.0.51-0.b16, and hadoop versions 2.2.0, 2.3.0,
2.4.0, 2.4.1, 2.5.0, 2.5.1, 2.5.2, 2.6.0, 2.7.0, 2.7.1
- ran in local mode with LoadTestTool, FAST_DIFF, 1mm rows (about an hour).
passed.
- ran rolling upgrade from 0.98.0 on 7-node cluster while running LTT from
0.98.0 client. Ran to completion without incident, though I did file a
minor ticket after inspecting the logs (HBASE-14240).
- inspected linked compatibility report. Nothing changed since 1.1.1RC0
report.
- ran stack's hbase-downstreamer [0] project `mvn clean package` vs staging
maven repo. Tests pass.
- ran Dmitry's shaded-client downstreamer project [1] vs staging maven repo
and bin tarball, following instructions similar to those found in my JIRA
comment [2], versions adjusted for the release candidate. Test app runs
successfully.

[0]: https://github.com/saintstack/hbase-downstreamer
[1]: https://github.com/dminkovsky/HBASE-13889
[2]: