hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Second release candidate for HBase 1.1.2 (RC1) is available
Date Sat, 22 Aug 2015 00:51:54 GMT
Hello Devs!

I'm happy to announce the second release candidate of HBase 1.1.2
(HBase-1.1.2RC1) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.1.2RC1/

Maven artifacts are also available in the staging repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1093

Artifacts are signed with my code signing subkey 0xAD9039071C3489BD,
available in the Apache keys directory
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ndimiduk.asc

There's also a signed tag for this release at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=hbase.git;a=tag;h=8ee7a8114fbdae83c979165166b3357a3c44844a

The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 1.1.0 has been
published for your review, at
http://people.apache.org/~ndimiduk/1.1.0_1.1.2RC1_compat_report.html

HBase 1.1.2 is the second patch release in the HBase 1.1 line, continuing
on the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the Hadoop and
NoSQL communities. This release includes over 80 bug fixes since the 1.1.1
release. Notable correctness fixes include HBASE-14054, HBASE-12865,
HBASE-13993, HBASE-13337, HBASE-14013, HBASE-13895.

This release candidate includes 16 commits over the RC0 tag. The full list
of changes since RC0 can be inspected with git log --format=oneline
1.1.2RC0..1.1.2RC1 or on git-web:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=hbase.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/branch-1.1

The full list of fixes included in this release is available at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12332793
and in the CHANGES.txt file included in the distribution.

Please try out this candidate and vote +/-1 by Wednesday, 2015-08-26 23:59
UTC-07:00 as to whether we should release these artifacts as HBase 1.1.2.

Thanks,
Nick