hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Please help with HBASE-14085
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2015 21:05:12 GMT
Source releases are fine, I think, since current guidance says that we can
have a runtime dependency on works under the license. Only redistribution
is in question AFAIK.

I agree the situation is unsustainable, but I don't think it's any
different then if we were making convenience binaries with bits under the
Artistic license (aka "the terms as Perl itself"). While I'd love legal to
be more responsive I suspect their response to requests for expedience
would be "remove the questionable work".

--
Sean