hbase-dev mailing list archives

From hongbin ma <mahong...@apache.org>
Subject Hbase customize filter versioning
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2015 03:00:51 GMT
hi, experts,

We're trying to develop a customized filter for our hbase tables, and the
filter may still undergo many changes.

We found a solved issue(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-1936)
that allows to upload customized filters without needing to restart the
region servers, However there're some limitations as it describes:

*However, if a filter class is already loaded, it won't be un-loaded.
Therefore, we can't load a new version of an existing class. Users have to
have a proper way to do filter class versioning.*

Our​ question is, what is the existing options for filter class versioning
if we do not want to restart region severs during filter upgrading? The
only option I can think of is to add suffix/prefix to different versions of
Filters, like MyFilterV1, MyFilterV2..

Any advices?

--
Regards,