hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Resuming releases
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2015 22:37:44 GMT
Thanks to Sean's work on generating NOTICE and LICENCE files, some
collective backporting, and a timely response on LEGAL-222, we are now able
to resume releases, with the exception of 0.94 (that's WIP).

I'll be producing RCs for 0.98 and 1.0.2 starting next week. I suspect Nick
will make a RC for 1.1.2 soon. Sean might do one for 1.2.0.

We might stretch the PMC resources we have available for RC verification
and voting. (I think some folks are away on holiday?) Won't be a problem if
we don't do too many concurrently. ‚ÄčI suggest when running votes we hold
them open for "at least 72 hours" and release as soon after 72 hours as
there are enough votes on a candidate. I will keep track of any RC votes in
progress and send out a status update weekly along with a plea for eval of
the RCs with insufficient votes to pass.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)