hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] The 2nd HBase 0.98.14 release candidate (RC1) is available
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 06:15:14 GMT
The 2nd HBase 0.98.14 release candidate (RC1) is available for download at
http://people.apache.org/~apurtell/0.98.14RC1/ and Maven artifacts are also
available in the temporary repositories
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1110/
(hadoop 1) and
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1111/
(hadoop 2). Sorry, Nexus split the uploads into two staging repositories
this time.

The API compatibility report with respect to the previous release can be
found at
http://people.apache.org/~apurtell/0.98.13_0.98.14RC1_compat_report.html .
There is one change of note. We make the constructor of AuthUtil private to
prevent instantiation. This is a class containing only public static helper
methods so hiding the constructor does not present a compatibility problem,
nobody should be instantiating the class, and is good practice.

Signed with my code signing key D5365CCD.

The issues resolved in this release can be found at http://s.apache.org/A51.

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1. This vote will be open for
at least 72 hours. Unless objection I will try to close it Saturday
8/29/2015 if we have sufficient votes. Three +1 votes from PMC will be
required to release.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy