hbase-dev mailing list archives

From <dinusw...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase rpc ports run with IpV4 address always
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 16:14:32 GMT
Hi,

I have configured HBase as Pseudo Distributed Mode in windows; Just noticed that HBase rpc
ports run with IpV4 address always;

Due to this if my machine goes to sleep mode or when my Ip changes cluster goes down; I have
my configuration only with ‘localhost’ not with my local ‘IpAddress’

My configuration hbase-site.xml:

hbase.master : localhost:60000

hbase.rootdir : hdfs://localhost:9000/hbase

hbase.cluster.distributed : true

hbase.zookeeper.quorum : localhost

hbase.zookeeper.property.dataDir : C:\hbase-1.0.1.1\Zookeeper

hbase.zookeeper.clientPort : 2181

In the below image (from resmon.exe) you can see that Master’s (60000) and RegionServer’s
RPC port (60020) run with IpAddress;

When I checked Hadoop’s Namenode RPC port (9000) it runs without IpAddress i.e. Ipv4 unspecified;

I wish it will be better if HBase RPC ports also run with IpV4 unspecified;

Sent from Windows Mail