hbase-dev mailing list archives

From <dinusw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: In Windows, cannot capture HBase prompt('hbase(main):001:0>') from neither standard output nor standard error using process API
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 09:32:46 GMT
Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply and letting me know about options to interact with HBase client;

Please find my use case and requirement in detail;

Requirement: Create a simple GUI editor using C# for HBase shell console in Windows platform;

As a part of my learning about Hadoop and its ecosystems, I created a GUI editor application
for Hive CLI successfully with the following steps;
1. From my C# application, programmatically I will start the Hive CLI in Command line, read
the output and render it in my own GUI editor.

2. All these interactions I am able to do from my application which interacts with Hive’s
running shell window

Similarly I tried for HBase. Here I can able to execute my command and retrieve output with
HBase, but HBase prompt(hbase(main):001:0>) alone not received in the output(i.e. prompt
is not received from stdout or stderr of command line process of HBase )

Hive CLI - http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh4/cdh/4/hive/language_manual/cli.html

Please suggest me any solution or a work around to get HBase prompt along with output

Best,
DineshKumar P

Sent from Windows Mail